With Stockx, Buyers and Sellers can make anonymous offers on shoes, streetwear, electronics, and collectibles. These offers are based on both the item’s current valuation and the price you’re willing to pay or sell it for. By staying anonymous, Stockx allows buyers and sellers to find the lowest price and highest offer at any given time.
Stockx begins sales when a Buyer’s Bid matches a Seller’s Ask or vice versa since both Buyers and Sellers can offer their prices. Stockx provides two options for matching Buyers with Sellers: “Buy Now” and “Bid”. Because Stockx is open to buy-now-pay-later payments, they will likely adopt Afterpay as well. Unfortunately, this platform does not support Afterpay, but it supports Klarna, Zip, and Affirm as buy-now-pay-later options. As long as AfterPay is not supported, here are the details of Stockx and how it works with other BNPL services.
Can i use Afterpay on Stockx ?
Despite Stockx’s various ‘pay later options, unfortunately, it does not accept Afterpay as a payment method for its products. On Stockx, you cannot purchase shoes or merchandise anything using Afterpay. You are probably aware that Afterpay is a platform that allows users to borrow funds to purchase a product and pay back the amount in monthly installments. But Stockx has a different policy. According to the terms and conditions of the companies, BNPL services are limited or absent on many e-commerce platforms like Stockx. It’s safe to split your Stockx purchase over four payments if you manage your money well, so you can avoid paying any extra charges. Alternatively, you can split your purchase into manageable installments through other similar services.
Afterpay is not available on Stockx, but alternative BNPL services such as Klarna, Zip, and Affirm are accepted. Stockx usually supports Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, UnionPay, and Discover-powered debit and credit cards for purchases on its platform. You can also make transactions using Google Pay, Apple Pay, Alipay, and PayPal. Since Stockx accepts buy-now-pay-later payments, it’s most likely a matter of time before they adopt Afterpay.
Why Doesn’t Stockx Accept Afterpay?
According to Stockx, it doesn’t accept Afterpay, but its biggest competitor, the GOAT does, which seems wise. Besides Afterpay’s 5% transaction fee, merchants have to cover setup and maintenance costs. In light of Stockx’s acceptance of most BNPL services, they’re probably too busy with other things to accept Afterpay at the moment.
Are there any Buy Now, Pay Later Services that Stockx Accepts?
Currently, Stockx accepts 3 different services that are similar to Afterpay: Zip, Klarna, and Affirm. All of these operate the same way, you make your purchase now, and then you are charged for it separately. Once your Stockx purchase is paid off, you can make payments over time. For example, using a service like Affirm, Klarna, or Zip to finance your purchase, you could end up paying $150 every month for four months if you purchase a $600 pair of shoes. In general, if you pay your debts on time, you will pay little or no interest, depending on your situation. Most services don’t even require a credit check or a good credit score to access them. If you’re interested in knowing how to use those three services with Stockx, then the details are below.
Using Klarna in Stockx
Klarna won’t charge you any interest if you purchase Stockx products via its platform. Depending on your chosen plan, you will pay your first installment at the point of purchase and then pay the remaining installments every two weeks or every month. The following steps will guide you through using Klarna in Stockx:
- Sign up for a free Klarna account by downloading the Klarna app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Browse the Klarna Browser page for Stockx, select it, and start shopping.
- When you find an item you want to buy, go to the purchase review screen and click Buy Now.
- After adding shipping and transaction fees to your total purchase price, click the K Pay button to enter your payment information.
- Once you have followed the instructions, Klarna will generate a One-time card for you.
- You must update your payment details before completing your purchase to use your One-time card.
Using Zip in Stockx
Zip allows you to pay 25% up front and the rest in three installments over six weeks. Here’s how Zip works in Stockx:
- You can create a free Zip account by downloading the app.
- You can find Stockx by searching under “Online”.
- Adding items to the cart is as simple as adding them to your cart.
- When checking out, select “Pay with Zip”.
- Check that your purchase amount matches the amount stated.
- In order to complete your order, follow the instructions and confirm your card information on the screen.
Using Affirm in Stockx
As with Klarna and Zip, Affirm lets users purchase Stockx products and pay for them over four weeks with no interest. Here’s how Affirm works in Stockx:
- As usual, shop on Stockx.
- Select Affirm at the “Or continue with:” section during checkout.
- For first-time users, you will be asked to create an account with Affirm.
- Choose the payment option that suits you best. There is no interest charged on biweekly payments, whereas monthly payments are subject to varying interest rates.
- Make sure your details are correct before tapping “Confirm”.
Payment Methods Accepted at Stockx
For those who would rather not participate in BNPL, Stockx offers a variety of other payment methods:
- All major credit cards
- Debit cards
- Gift cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay