With the emergence of mobile money transfer platforms, sending and receiving money has now become easier than ever. As we speak, we have a myriad of peer-to-peer money transfer platform such as Cash App, Apple Pay and so forth. To start with, Cash App is a product of Square that allows users to send money from one person to another using a mobile app. Better still, you can use this platform over the web and be good to go. On the other hand. Apple Pay is a product of Apple Inc. and usually allows users to send and receive money over the Apple Pay iOS app. Also, it allows users to transact using Safari. With Apple Pay, you will be able to pay online bills, make purchases online, buy apps from App Store and so much more.
Since most people would like to know how long does it take to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, we shall take a closer look at that, alongside other related ideas.
What Is The Process Of Transfer Money From Apple Pay To Cash App?
First and foremost, it is possible to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. However, this process cannot be carried out directly as one would think. This is because Apple Pay does not allow users to link their accounts with a bank account in order to make such transfers possible.
Also, this platform does not users to add credit or debit cards to their accounts. However, the good news is an indirect method that can help you get started. Here, you will be able to transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank account and later, from your bank account to your Cash App account. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- To start with, ensure that you have the details of your bank account
- With these details at hand, you can now go to your iPhone device and then launch the Wallet app.
- Once you open the Wallet app, enter your log in details and then click on the ‘Apple Cash Card’ option and then the ‘More’ button. If you are using an iPad to access your Apple Pay account, click on the Settings App and then log in with your details. Thereafter, click on the ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ and then ‘Apple Cash Card’.
- Since you want to transfer funds to a bank account, choose ‘Transfer to Bank’.
- Key in the amount you want to transfer and then click on ‘Next’
- Depending on how soon you want money to reflect on your bank account, click either the ‘Instant Transfer’ method or 1-3 business days’ method.
- Check and confirm the transaction using your Passcode, Face ID or Touch ID.
- Wait for the money to be transferred to your bank account.
It is imperative to note that Instant Transfer method normally attract a certain fee. Typically, you will incur a 1% fee of the total amount that transferred, where a minimum fee of $0.25 and a maximum fee of $10 applies.
However, you will be able to get money in the bank account within 30 minutes or thereabout. If you do not need the money urgently, you can choose the -1-3 business days and then wait for the money to reflect in your bank account. Thankfully, you will not incur any charges if you opt for this method.
Once money has reflected in bank account, time is ripe for you to transfer them to your Cash App account. To make this possible, you should follow these steps:
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile device
- Log in with your Cash App details.
- Once you are logged in, you will see several options, including the ‘Banking tab’ on your Cash App’s home screen.
- Tap on the ‘Add Cash’ option
- Enter the amount that you want to add to your Cash App account
- Click on the ‘Add’ button
- Confirm the transaction using your PIN or Touch ID
- Wait for the transfer process to be completed.
Apart from sending moony through the bank account, you can also use the Cash Card and be able to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. With the Cash Card at hand, you will be able to integrate Cash App with Apple Pay seamlessly. All you need to do is to activate the Cash Card, which is essentially the Cash App free debit card, on your iPad or iPhone and be good to go.
If you want to add Cash Card to your Apple Pay account, there is a need for you to verify your identity first and you will be able to add the card flawlessly. In addition, you need to verify your Apple Cash ID. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- First, you should log in to your Apple Wallet account
- Click on the ‘+’ icon, located at the top-right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Tap on the ‘Debit or credit card’ option
- Take a photo of your Cash Card using your mobile device. Better still, you can enter the card’s details manually and you will be able to complete the setup process manually.
- Upon adding the card successfully, it will appear on the homescreen of the Wallet app. To ensure that you have successfully added the card successfully to your Apple account, you can check the card’s details and compare them with those of your physical Cash Card.
Having added the Cash Card successfully to your Apple account, you can now initiate the money transfer process from your Apple Pay wallet to Cash App account. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Log in to your Apple Pay wallet on your Iphone or Ipad.
- Scroll to the ‘Apple Pay Cash card’ option
- Click on the 3 dots that you will see on your screen.
- Tap on the ‘Information’ option and then choose the ‘Transfer’ option
- Key in the amount you want to transfer
- Click on the ‘Next’ option
- Choose the ‘Instant Transfer’ option. In case you have not added the Cash App card, use the ‘Add Card’ option and the follow the on-screen instructions. However, if you have added the card, choose the card you want to utilize.
- Choose the payment information for your card and then wait for the transfer process to be complete.
- For instant transfer process, money will arrive in your Cash App account within 30 minutes.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From Apple Pay To Cash App?
Depending on the method of money transfer you choose, be sure that money will reflect in your account either within 30 minutes or between 1 and 3 days, in case you choose the ‘Instant transfer’ or ‘1-3 business days’ option respectively.
Related Article : How To Get Money Off Cash App Without Card At ATM?