Since the inception of mobile banking apps, using cash to cater for bill, making purchases and settling bills has now become a thing of the past. As we speak, you can now use mobile apps such as Chime, Cash App and other mobile apps to do all the above-mentioned transactions with a lot of ease. The good news is that these mobile apps allows you to send money to each other seamlessly. For instance, you can transfer money from Chime to Cash App and vice versa. All you need to do is to link your Cash App with the Chime bank account and the initiate these transfers on the go. Depending on the money transfer option that one chooses, the duration that it may take for money to reflect in your account may vary. Since most Cash App users and Chime app users would like to know these finer details, we shall take an in-depth look at these timelines so that you can know what to expect.
How Do I Transfer Money From Chime To Cash App?
Before you initiate money transfer process from your Chime account to Cash App, you need to first set up your Chime account first. Just like you would with any other bank account, you should ensure that you have government-issued ID, proof of address, Social Security Number among other credentials.
With all these documents in place, you can fill out the online application form on Chime’s official website. For optimal results, you should gather all these documents and upload them during the application process. If you want to apply for a Chime debit card, you can apply for it and then submit your application for review.
As far as money transfer is concerned, you do not need to have a debit card. This card is only needed whenever you are making purchases, paying bills, withdrawing money from an ATM, etc. As we speak, you can now transfer funds from your Chime account to your Cash App account.
After all Cash App is one of the mobile apps that are recognized by Chime as a peer-to-peer payment app. To put this into perspective, Chime bank is recognized as a banking partner. To make this money transfer possible, you should follow these steps:
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile device. In case you do not have Cash App, you can download it from the App Store or Google Play Store for Apple users and Android users respectively. Better still, you can log in to your account online using a computer or laptop. Either way, you will be able to access your account seamlessly.
- Go to your profile by tapping your profile picture. Once you click your profile, you will be able to see a couple of details such as your balance, the credit cards or bank accounts that you have already linked to your Cash App account. In case you have not linked your Chime bank account with Cash App, time is ripe for you to do so. The good news is that you can do so at this point.
- Tap on the Add Bank Option’ on your screen and you will be able to see an array of banks that you can add to your Cash App account. Choose Chime bank and a prompt will pop up on your screen. Here, you will find Chime Bank login screen asking you to log in with your Chime credentials. Key in your details so that this bank can successfully be added as one of the linked banks on your Cash App account.
- Before you start the money transfer process, it is imperative that you first confirm whether the linking was a success or not. To do this, you can first transfer $1 from your Chime account to Cash app and establish if this balance will reflect on your Cash App’s balance. Better still, you can try to transfer the same amount to your Chime account so as to establish whether the entire process worked magic or not.
- If the transfer is successful, you cannot initiate the money transfer process from your Chime account to Cash App.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Funds From Chime Account To Cash App Account?
By now, you already know how to you can transfer funds from Chime account to Cash App. The next question you may have at mind is the timelines involved for the whole process to be complete. Well, as far as these timelines are concerned, be sure that the duration will vary depending on the money transfer process you choose.
For instance, if you chose the standard bank transfer process, trust that money will reflect in your account after 1 to 3 business days. The good news is that this transfer option is free and thus can help you save more in the long run. On the other hand, you can choose instant deposit option from your Chime bank account to Cash App and be ready to part with a 1.5% fee and a minimum charge of $0.25.This option is lucrative as money will reflect on your Cash App account within a period of 30 minutes or there about.
What Should I Do If The Tentative Time Duration Is Over But Fund Is Not Showing Up In My Account?
Sometimes, you may initiate the money transfer process as illustrated above and later end up getting frustrated as your money may take ages before reflecting on your Cash App account.
Issues such as failing transfers may be imminent in case you do not have sufficient funds in your Chime bank account. Other times, the Cash App payment may be declined by the linked bank, such as Chime bank. Such is usually the case if you have not verified your details with the bank.
Therefore, there is a need for you to always verify your personal details and keep them up to date. Apart from this, there are instances when the Cash App servers are down and thus online transactions are experience server or technical issues. All these issues may make you to experience delays anytime you send money from Chime to Cash App.
If you are a victim of such circumstances, always reach out to the Cash App customer support team either online or through phone. If you choose the latter, feel free to dial 855-351-2274.Once you contact them, narrate your story and you will be offered the much-needed help on the go. If this does not work, you can also email them and wait for their response via your email.
From the article above, it is evident that you can now send money from Chime to Cash App and vice versa. However, you should ensure that you link your Chime bank account with your Cash App account as illustrated above. As far as the duration of transferring money from Chime to Cash App is concerned, be sure that it will vary depending on the money transfer option you choose to use. If you choose the instant transfer method, you will get the money after 30 minutes. On the other hand, of you choose the standard bank transfer method, you will get the money after 1 to 3 business days. In case, you experience issues with money transfer process outlined above, consider reaching the Cash App’s customer support team and your issue will be solved on the go.