Are you looking for a convenient way of ordering your favorite meal? Look no further as DoorDash is the ultimate solution for you. To start with, DoorDash is an online food delivery service that allows you to order your favorite meals anytime you please. The good news is that your meal will be delivered to your doorstep within a couple of minutes. As we speak, this service is available in Australia, the U.S and Canada. With this service in place, local consumers in the states-mentioned above can be connected with their favorite local restaurants and delivery is made possible by independent contractors. When making payments for the orders you have placed, you can consider using a debit card, credit card or via e-wallets such as PayPal. Although this platform is largely considered to be safe when making payments, it is not immune to vulnerabilities such as data breach among other problems. Other times, your credit card might expire and thus prompt you to remove payment method from DoorDash. In this article, we shall take an in-depth look at how to remove payment method from DoorDash among other helpful ideas.
How to Delete DoorDash Credit Card on the App
Like we have mentioned above, credit card are usually one of the most preferred options when it comes to making payments across different online platforms such as DoorDash. However, you may wish to remove or delete your credit card on the DoorDash app due to one reason or another.
The good news is that removing the card is not challenging as one would think. However, this option is hidden. This is because you will not be at liberty to delete the card if at all this was your only payment method. However, if you had linked your account with more than one credit card, you are at liberty to remove one card and then let the others to remain. Here are the steps that can help you delete DoorDash credit card on the app:
- Launch the DoorDash app on your mobile device
- Log in with your details and then click on the ‘Account’ option that you will see on ‘Home’ screen.
- Choose the ‘Payment methods’ option.
- Swipe left and you will see the ‘Credit card’ option. Click on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Once you click on the ‘delete’ option, a confirmation message will pop up on your screen asking you whether you still want to continue with the action. Tap on the ‘Yes’ button and then confirm the message.
- By doing so, you will be able to remove the credit card from your DoorDash account using the app.
The above-mentioned method is ideal for mobile app users. Whether you are using a tablet or a smartphone to access the DoorDash online platform, the above-mentioned procedure will work magic for you.
How to Delete DoorDash Credit Card on the Website
Although you may be using a mobile app in order to access this platform, you may consider using your computer to do so, due to a number of reasons. Unlike a mobile phone, you will have a larger screen interface where you can place your orders, make payments and so forth. If you want to delete your DoorDash credit card, you can go ahead and do so from the site as well. To get started, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go your browser and then visit https://www.doordash.com/
- Log in with your details
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see 3 horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on those lines and proceed to the next step.
- Once you click on the 3 horizontal lines, a page will load on your screen with options such as Orders, Home, Offers, Pickup, Payment, Account, Gift cards, Privacy and so forth.
- Select the ‘Payment’ option.
- Once you choose the ‘Payment’ option, you will be redirected to a page that has different payment options that are already connected to your account.
- On each of the payment method listed there, there are 3 dots that you will see on your screen.
- Click on the dots on the ‘Credit card’ payment option.
- Once you click on those dots, a drop-down will open on your screen, where you will see options such as ‘Delete’ and ‘Set default’.
- Since you want to delete the credit card from this platform, select the ‘Delete’ option.
- You will see a confirmation dialogue popping up on your screen. This is just to confirm that you are ready to proceed with the action. Confirm it and then tap on the ‘Delete’ option.
By doing so, the credit card will be deleted from the DoorDash platform successfully. Unlike the previous method where we have used a mobile app to delete the credit card from DoorDash platform, there is no option such as swapping left and so forth. However, if you follow the above-mentioned procedure, you will be good to go.
How to Delete Your Debit Card Account
If you have linked your DoorDash account with a payment option such as a Debit card, you can remove it as well. The process of removing a debit card from DoorDash is more or less like that of removing a credit card from this platform. Whether you are using a mobile app or a website to access your DoorDash account, you will be able to delete your debit card account seamlessly. Here are the steps that you should follow:
When using a mobile app:
- Launch the app and then log in with your details.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the ‘account’ option located at the bottom right side of your screen.
- Click on the ‘Payment cards’ options
- Here, you will be able to see the debit cards and credit cards that you had added earlier on.
- Since you want to delete a debit card from your account, choose the debit card you want to remove and then proceed to the next step.
- Click on the ‘delete’ option and you will be able to remove the debit card from the DoorDash app.
When using the website
- Go to your favorite browser and then visit doordash.com
- Key in your login details
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see 3 horizontal lines on your screen, located on the top left corner of your dashboard
- Tap on the 3 horizontal lines and a certain page will open with various options such as; Offers, Home, Orders, Pickup, Payment, Privacy, Account, Gifts cards and so on.
- Since you are interested in the payment option, click that option and then proceed to next step.
- Once you click the ‘Payment’ option, you will be redirected to a certain page where you will find all the payment options that are already connected to your account. From the PayPal option to the Gift cards, you will find plenty of options to choose from. Since you want to delete a debit card from your account, choose it and then click on the 3 dots on it.
- Once you click the 3 dots, a drop-down menu will open where you will find options such as ‘Delete’ or ‘Set Default’. Since you want to remove the debit card from your account, choose the ‘Delete’ option.
- A confirmation dialogue box will pop up on your screen. Basically, you will be required to confirm that you want to delete the debit card from your account. Confirm that action by clicking on the ‘Delete’ option and you will be done.
Is it possible to remove all of my payment method from DoorDash Account
Not really. It is imperative to note that you cannot delete or remove your default payment method from DoorDash. When deleting a payment method, you will be required to make one as the default payment method.
This is the reason why it is not easy to just delete a payment on this platform as this option is always hidden, whether you use a mobile app or the website in order to access your DoorDash account. You can remove all the payments you want but one payment option has to remain to be the default payment method from DoorDash.
How to Close my DoorDash Account & Remove All Payment Methods
Although you might have used this platform to order various meals from the comfort of your home, sometimes, you may want to do away with it altogether. Whether it is due to the high volumes dashers handle daily or you have found a better site that offers better services, you have every reason to exit the platform anytime you please. However, when deleting or closing your account, you have to make a request for deactivation. In fact, it is not as easy as just clicking ‘delete account’ and your account is gone for good. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- To start with, send an email to the support team. To put this into perspective, you should send your email to email@example.com and then notify them that you want to close your account.
- For identification purposes, you will be required to submit vital details such as your username, and so forth.
- These vital details can also be accompanied by a reason why you want to quit using the platform. However, this is solely upon you to decide.
- Once you have composed your email and outlined the reasons why you want to quit the platform, you can send it to the email address mentioned above and then wait for the reply from the support team.
- Thereafter, your account will be deactivated successfully.
How To Get Refund
Sometimes, you might have ordered a meal from your favorite hotel or restaurant, wait for it to be delivered to you but then end up regretting. Perhaps the order might not be up to standard, among other reasons. If you are not satisfied with the order you have placed on DoorDash, you can always request for a refund.
To request a refund on this platform, you need to choose the order you had selected previously and then fill out a refund request. If you are using a DoorDash app, you can easily get started with this process. Once you report issues related to your order, DoorDash will give you the opportunity to either choose a refund to your bank or for your account to be credited for a future order. The choice is solely yours.
Although you may get a refund for orders that have not meet your needs, it is important to note that not all orders are refundable. This is because all refunds here are dealt with on a case-to-case basis so as to prevent customers from abusing the refund system of this platform. If your reason is satisfying enough, be sure that you will get a refund on the go. Some of the reasons that can prompt you to request for a refund include:
- Missing items
- Your order never arrived as expected
- Your order had quality issues
- Items were made incorrectly
- Your order arrived late
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why does DoorDash keep declining my payment?
If you notice that DoorDash is declining your payment, chances are that your payment information is not correct. Therefore, you have to go back to your account and establish whether you entered the correct credit card or debit card details. Even if you had previously entered them correctly, it does not to delete the credit card and then rekey these details afresh. By doing so, you will be able to fix this problem outright.
Can you make a new DoorDash account if deactivated?
Whether your DoorDash account was deactivated due to not respecting the community guidelines to as a result of low rating, be sure that you can make a new account on the go.
However, you have to use a new phone number, new email address and maybe a new device due to IP related issues. Despite this, it is always advisable that you can try to submit an appeal first before creating a new account on this platform. If you are lucky enough, your account may be reactivated and be able to use it as usual.
How long does it take for a DoorDash account to be deleted?
Typically, the deactivation process takes 3 to 14 days for it to be complete. Remember that once your DoorDash account has been deleted, you will no longer be able to access it. Your profile will also unavailable as it will be deleted. However, you can activate an old account if you wish to do so.
Since its inception in 12th January 2013, DoorDash has become a lifesaver for those who like convenience as far as food delivery services is concerned. With this app on your phone, you can order your favorite meal or drink on the go. However, due to vulnerabilities such as data breach or are experiencing issues when making payments for the orders placed, there are many reasons that might prompt you to remove your payment method from DoorDash. When removing a payment method such as credit card or debit card from DoorDash, consider the procedures we have mentioned above and you will not experience any hiccups. Consequently, you will be at liberty to add another payment method or consider other lucrative online food delivery services.