Look no further as Cash App is the ultimate app for you. Since its inception in 2013, this app has redefined the way people send and receive payment from their peers, family members and even friends. Besides allowing you send and receive payment seamlessly, this app comes with tons of security features that help to keep your hard-earned money safe from fraud, among other vulnerabilities. In addition, the Cash app always asks you to choose a security PIN which will be very instrumental whenever you want to confirm the payment process. When it comes to verification process, Cash app allows you to share the SSN. If you have forgotten the PIN or want to optimize the security of your funds in your Cash App account, you may choose to reset it on the go. When reset the Cash App PIN, you will be need to provide the SSN number for identity verification purposes.
Since most Cash App users would like to know if they can reset the Cash App pin without SSN, we shall take a closer look at how you can get started, alongside other related ideas:
What is a Cash App PIN?
Just like other conventional PINs, this is unique identification number that is normally used by Cash App users to secure their hard-earned money. Whenever you want to send or transfer money to another person using Cash App, this platform will always prompt you to provide it so as to verify your identity. Typically, it is a 4-6 digit number that is located at the upper left corner of Cash App’s page.
When creating a Cash App account, you will be asked a number of details including the PIN that you would like to use in order to access your funds, transfer them as you wish and so forth. Ideally, you should choose a PIN that is unique and easy to remember. More importantly, keep the PIN safe from other unauthorized users in order to curb fraud.
Why Does Cash App Need SSN?
To start with, the SSN stands for Social Security Number. Typically, this is a numerical identifier that is assigned to citizens living in the U.S and other regions in order to track their income and also determine their benefits. Initially, it was created in order to provide disability and retirement benefits to all eligible individuals. However, its user has not revolutionized as it is used to identifying individuals for tracking credit reports and also tax purposes. Therefore, you will always be required to provide your SSN in order to open a bank account in the US, obtain credit, make purchases, get government benefits among other pursuits.
Cash App is not an exemption as it requires you to provide your SSN number for verification purposes. For instance, you will be required to provide this number whenever you are creating a new Cash App account. Better still, you will be required to provide the number whenever you are resetting the PIN.
Once you provide your SSN, be sure that you will be a verified user on this platform. Consequently, you will be in a position to receive more money in your account any time you please. Besides this, you will be able to send up to $7500 on a weekly basis.
Apart from transacting huge sums of money, you will be able to purchase and sell Bitcoins and stocks using your account flawlessly. Finally, you will be able to enable the Cash App direct feature and even receive payment via your salary paycheck and stimulus programs directly to your Cash App account.
Why Should is Reset My Cash App PIN?
There are many reasons why you may be prompted to reset your Cash App PIN. For instance, if you suspect that someone has access to your Cash App account, you can go ahead and change the PIN. Besides this, if you have forgotten the PIN, the only left alternative is to reset the PIN. Other reasons that might make you to change or reset your Cash App PIN include:
- Your PIN is very easy to guess or memorizes
- You have utilized the same PIN in more than one site
- You have utilized another device to access your Cash App account and had saved all your login details in that device.
The good news is that change or resetting your Cash App PIN will help optimize the security of your funds. In the subsequent sections, we shall take a closer look at how you can reset the PIN in order to keep your funds safe and secure.
Can I Reset Cash App PIN Without SSN?
Not really. Like we mentioned above, you need to verify your identity before you can change the PIN of your Cash App account. For you to complete the identity verification process, you should be able to provide your SSN. Without the SSN, it is practically impossible to change or reset your Cash App PIN.
How To Reset The Cash App PIN
Since we have looked at the various reasons why you may be opt to change your Cash App PIN, time is ripe for you to know how you can get started. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile device
- Once you are on this platform, you will see the profile icon at the top right corner of your screen. Click it. In case you had previously set a profile picture, be sure that your picture will feature on that icon. However, if you had not set a profile picture, the icon will look like an egghead.
- Once you click on the profile icon, you will be taken to the profile menu where you will see an array of options, including the ‘Privacy and Security’ feature.
- Since you are interested with resetting the PIN of your account, click on the ‘Change Cash PIN’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Forgot Cash App PIN’ option and you will prompted to verify that you are truly the owner of the account. Here, you will be required to key in the SSN. The good news is that this extra security step helps to prevent a hacker or an intruder from accessing your mobile device and changing your PIN the way he or she pleases.
- Once you provide the SSN, you will be provided with the verification code. Here, you will be required to key in the code in the input box provided and then proceed.
- In case, you key in the verification code, be sure that you will be permitted to set a new PIN. On the other hand, if you enter the wrong verification code, you may not be able to change the previous PIN.
- Choose a PIN that is easy to recall but hard to guess and you will be good to go.
From allowing you to purchase and sell Bitcoins to enabling you to transfer money to your peers seamlessly, there is every reason why you should have your Cash App PIN at your fingertips. However, there are instances when you may forget it or even discover that someone had tried to hack your Cash App account. To be on the safe side, it is always advisable that you change the PIN immediately. If you have a SSN, you will be able to verify your identity and be good to go. However, if you do not have this number, it might be a little bit difficult to change or reset the PIN. Consider the ideas we have mentioned above and you will be able to optimize the security of your Cash App account.