Paying on time is easy with Afterpay’s automatic payments. On the due date, Afterpay takes the next installment from the original payment method when you ordered. A user can allow this automatic payment by adding a card of his/her choice. Though paying with a credit card on Afterpay is a convenient option, storing the card information online puts you at risk for identity theft. The Federal government provides some protections for recurring automatic debits.
You can stop a company from withdrawing funds automatically from your account, even if you previously permitted them. If you purchase Afterpay, I recommend manually entering the credit card information, as this reduces the risk of someone stealing your info. Here I am writing the way to stop Afterpay automatic payments.
How To Stop Afterpay Automatic Payments
Stopping Afterpay automatic payments means removing your card or bank as an automatic payment method and repaying the installments manually. In this process, you will have to remove all the payment cards you previously linked to Afterpay. You can’t tell Afterpay to stop taking the installments manually while keeping the cards liked to the system. There is no alternative to removing the cards from Afterpay. There are two ways you can follow here. One is Removing the cards from your Afterpay account using the smartphone app or desktop browser. Another is to tell your bank or credit union to stop the debit to Afterpay.
Here are the steps to remove the card from your Afterpay account:
- Launch the Afterpay app or log in from the website on your desktop
- Find the ‘My Account’ tab option
- Then select the ‘Billing’ icon
- Select the ‘Remove Card’ option
- Then select the card you want to remove and confirm it.
Here is how you can stop Afterpay automatic payments alternative way:
- Get in touch with your bank or credit union.
- Tell your bank to stop automatic paying from your Afterpay account. Here’s how to stop payments:
- If you want to stop the next scheduled payment, give your bank the stop automatic payment order at least three business days before it’s due.
- You might have to write a stop automatic payment order to your bank to stop future payments.
- Monitor your accounts: If you see a payment you didn’t authorize or made after you stopped automatic payments, tell your bank or credit union immediately. According to federal law, you can dispute and get your money back for any unauthorized transfers from your account, as long as you tell your bank in time.
Usually, banks charge a fee when you stop payment. But don’t worry, canceling your automatic payment doesn’t cancel your contract with the company.
How You Can Remove The Card From Your Afterpay Account
Removing the payment method, I mean the card, is as easy as you can do it yourself using the Afterpay app on your smartphone. But before that, ensure you are confident in your decision to remove the card. People often draw their cards to change payment methods or stop using them. Here I am showing the card removal process using the Afterpay app:
- Launch the Afterpay app on your smartphone. Make sure the app is updated.
- After signing in to the app with your account details, you will see the “Your Account” option, tap on it and scroll down to “Payments & Billing.”
- Select the credit card you want to remove from Afterpay.
- Next, tap on the “Remove” option to make it removed.
- By tapping on the “Confirm remove” option, you are confirming that you will consciously remove the card.
How To Change The Afterpay Payment Method
Changing the payment method means you are planning to replace your existing bank or card with a brand-new one. People usually return their current card, which has an empty balance. Or you must change the payment method if the current card is lost or stolen.
By following these steps, you can add a new payment method or change your credit card info.
- Open Afterpay in your browser or on your phone. Sign in with your user name and password.
- Then, choose “Payments & Billing.”.
- When you go to your account, you’ll see a list of the methods you’ve previously saved.
- You’ll see your default payment in “Settings.”
- If you want to add a new card that doesn’t exist already in your account, tap “Change” and then “Payment Method.”
- Then again, tap the “Add New Card” and the “Continue” option.
Remember that you can’t remove the preferred card on your account or a card that’s associated with an active order. Once your current orders are processed and installments are prepaid, you can change the payment method.