Are you a Varo user and have forgotten your card at home and would like to withdraw money urgently? Worry not as you can now make these withdrawals seamlessly. Unlike other conventional banks that need you to have your debit card with you, Varo allows you to withdraw money on the go, even when you do not have a debit card with you. For instance, you can visit a cardless ATM near you, transfer money to your friend’s account and then ask him or her to withdraw it for you, use other mobile applications such as PayPal and Zelle, among other methods. As a result, you should not feel helpless simply because you have misplaced or forgotten your Varo debit card. I am a Varo user and I will show you how I am able to withdraw money from Varo without card.
How To Withdraw Money From Varo Without A Card
Whether you have forgotten or misplaced your card, it is now clear that you can withdraw money from your Varo account without a card. I have been a victim of this circumstance and as a result, I will outline how I managed to access my funds despite not having my card at that moment. Some of the methods that can help you withdraw funds from Varo without a card include:
Cardless ATM Withdrawals with Varo
One way to withdraw funds from your Varo account without card is by visiting a cardless ATM near you. In the subsequent section, we shall outline how these ATM work and how one can readily withdraw funds from his or her account at these points, without a debit card.
What Are Cardless ATMs
As the name suggests, these ATM do not require you to have a debit card with you so that you can withdraw your money. Instead, they normally rely on smartphone banking app such as Varo mobile app or SMS messaging for account verification. With over 19000 cardless ATMS, you will not miss an ATM where you can visit and make these transactions on the go.
Do Cardless ATMs Work With Varo
Yes. As we speak, cardless ATMs now work with Varo. If you are a Varo user and have forgotten your ATM card or do not like to carry it around, you can consider visiting any of these ATM outlets and make your withdrawals from that end.
After all, Varo is one of the many banks that have purposed to make online banking easier, where its customers do not need to have an ATM card in order to access their funds at their nearest ATM outlet. All you need to do is to connect your Varo Visa debit card to your mobile app and you will be able to access your funds at these outlets seamlessly.
The Varo mobile app not only allows you to withdraw money from your nearest cardless ATM but also helps you to locate a cardless ATM near you, thanks to its ATM locator feature.
In most cases, these cardless ATMs work in a number of ways. However, the two most used cardless technologies include:
- Quick Response (QR) codes
- Near-field communication(NFC)
The Quick Response (QR) codes can be linked to barcodes. This is because they are meant to be scanned with your phone’s camera. However, these codes carry more information than the barcodes.
If your cardless ATM of choice is enabled with the QR technology, be sure that it will generate a code for you on its screen so that you can scan it using your smartphone. Once your identity is verified with the Varo mobile app, be sure that you will be able to withdraw funds from the ATM.
On the other hand, the Near-Field Communication (NFC) is basically a close-range technology that allows the user to hold his or her phone close to the ATM’s receiver. By doing so, the ATM will be able to complete the verification process as it will receive your data via radiofrequency. Thereafter, you will be able to perform a transaction just like you would if you had a debit card with you. In this case, you can go ahead and withdraw funds from that cardless ATM outlet.
How to Withdraw Money From Varo Account Using Cardless ATM
Unlike the yesteryears when one had to visit the bank in order to access his or her funds, nowadays, one can do so with an ATM card. Thankfully, modern technology has even made it possible for you to access your funds even without the physical ATM card.
Varo users are not an exception as they can readily make withdrawals devoid of their ATMs. Here are the steps that have always enabled me to withdraw money from my Varo account without a card:
- Launch the Varo mobile app on your mobile phone or tablet
- Log in with your details
- Once you are logged in, scroll to ‘Move Money’ and the tap on it.
- Tap on the ‘Find ATM’ button on your screen.
- On your ATM locator feature, look out for the cardless ATM near you.
- Once you have spotted that ATM, visit it with your tablet or smartphone.
- Enquire whether it supports mobile cash access. In case it does, choose it.
- Launch your Varo bank mobile app and then log in with your details.
- Thereafter, choose the ‘Cardless ATM withdrawal’ option.
- Key in the amount you want to withdraw
- Thereafter, you can either select wait for the app to generate a verification code or the scan the QR code option.
- A code will be generated for you. Key it in at that ATM
- The ATM will process your request and release the funds to you.
- Complete the transaction and leave the ATM outlet, or better still, carry on with another transaction.
Using other applications
Besides visiting cardless ATMs, you can now withdraw funds from your Varo account without ATM via digital wallets such as PayPal, Cash App, Zelle, Venmo, Apple Pay and so forth. If you prefer to use any of these methods, consider linking your Varo account to any of these platforms so that they can act as your desired payment method.
Once you have linked any of these platforms to your Varo account, you can now go ahead and then make money transfers via Varo instant transfer or ACH transfer. For instance, if you choose to use Google Pay as your preferred payment method, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Launch the Google pay on your mobile device
- Tap on the ‘Profile picture’ option on this platform
- Thereafter, navigate to the ‘Bank Accounts and Cards’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Add card’ option.
- Key in details of your Varo debit card. Some of these details include expiration date, card number and the Card Verification Value (CVV).
- Once you have entered these details, tap on the ‘Save’ button.
- After a few minutes, you will be able to receive a One Time Password, commonly known as OTP for verification purposes. You can get this password either via your constant number or email address.
- After entering this code, tap on the ‘Activate’ option and you will be able to transfer funds to your digital wallet and make payments when needed.
Transferring funds to your other bank account
If you do not have a digital wallet such as PayPal, Google Pay or Zelle account and you want to withdraw funds from your Varo account without a card, consider moving these funds to your other bank account. However, you have to link or set up your Varo mobile app with this bank account first, before you can initiate any transaction.
How to Setup Varo Bank Transfers to a Different Bank
The process of setting up your Varo account with a different bank is not difficult per se. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Launch the Varo app on your mobile phone or tablet
- Log in with your details.
- Go to the Accounts page
- Tap on the ‘Link an account’ option
- Look out for the bank you would like to link your Varo card with
- After choosing your preferred bank, log in by keying in your other bank’s details. Some of these details include your User ID and Password.
- Confirm everything is right and then tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- If there are other instructions you should follow, do so and you will be good to go.
How to Transfer Money to the External Bank with Varo App
Once you have linked the Varo app with an external bank as illustrated above, time is ripe for you to transfer funds from your Varo account to the newly added bank account. Here are the steps to get started:
- Launch the Varo mobile app on your tablet or smartphone
- Log in with your details
- Once you are logged in, tap on the ‘Move Money’ option and then click on the ‘Transfer Money’ option.
- Choose the ‘From Varo Bank Account to your Bank Account’ option.
- Key in the amount you would like to transfer. For checking account, the limit is always $5000.
Sending Money to Your Friend’s Account / Ask a Friend Who Uses Varo to Withdraw for You
If you have a friend who is a regular Varo card user, be sure that you will have an easy time accessing your money even when you do not have an ATM card with you. In my situation, I approached my bosom friend and thankfully, he was a Vero card user. I had to send money to him and later, he withdrew the funds for me. To access my funds, these are the steps that guided me:
- Launch the Varo app on your smartphone or tablet
- Log in with your details
- Tap on the ‘Move Money’ option, located at the bottom part of your screen.
- Thereafter, choose the ‘Varo-to-Varo transfer’ option.
- Key in the details of your friend’s card.
- Key in the amount you would like to transfer to your friend’s account
- Confirm everything is right and then click on the ‘Send Money’ option.
- Once everything is done, ask your friend to withdraw the money for you.
The good news is that such transfers are fast and devoid of any additional cost. Therefore, such a method can be a lifesaver if you have a friend or a family member who is a regular user of the Varo card. In case this is your preferred method of making withdrawals from your Varo account, know that the maximum amount you can transfer is $2000 on a single month.
Use another bank card
In case you do not have a Varo debit card, chances are that you have another card that can help you make withdrawals from an ATM. This card can either be linked to another bank other than the Varo bank. Better still, this card can be a credit card.
All you need to do is to link this card with your Varo account with this card. Once you link the card with your Varo account, go ahead and transfer the amount of money you want either via bank wire or ACH transfer. If you choose the ACH transfer method, you will be able to have money within 30 minutes or thereabout.
On the other hand, if you choose the bank wire transfer method, you might get the money after 2 days. After money has reflected on the card’s account, you can now visit the nearest ATM with this card and then withdraw money from that end.
Get a prepaid debit card
If you do not have your Varo debit card with you, consider using a prepaid debit card to withdraw funds from your nearest ATM. All you need to do is to link this card with your Varo account and then transfer the funds you want to this card.
Once the card is loaded, you can visit your nearest ATM and withdraw your funds. Thankfully, these cards will not make you incur huge costs as all your transactions fees will be kept at the bare minimum. This includes ATM withdrawals, among other transactions.
Before Withdraw Money From Varo Account
Before you think of withdrawing money from your Varo account, ensure that you have enough funds. In case you do not have sufficient funds in your account, replenish it first and then go ahead to make withdrawals.
From visiting a cardless ATM near you to using a prepaid debit card, there are a myriad methods on how to withdraw money from your Varo account without a card. Although these methods can work magic for you, consider using digital bank cardless ATM. As long as you have the Varo mobile app on your mobile device, you can readily find the nearest cardless ATM near you and then withdraw funds from that point. Consider all the ideas I have mentioned above and withdrawing money from your Varo account without a card will no longer stress you.