If you’re a frequent customer of your favorite retailer, you’ve probably noticed that you can divide your purchase into weekly payments. For people who are tempted to buy something they can’t afford upfront, the ‘buy now, pay later’ program is an alternative to credit cards. Although BNPL providers are numerous, Afterpay is one of the most popular. Besides online purchases, you can use Afterpay in stores as well. For In-Store purchases anywhere, you will get a virtual Afterpay card that you can tap in the register of that store after purchasing your goods.
The customer pays the first installment at the time of purchase, then three installments after every two weeks until the debt is paid off. Using Afterpay In-Store is easy and straightforward. Here I am putting everything you need to know about Afterpay In-Store purchases anywhere.
Who Is Eligible To Use Afterpay To Buy In-stores?
Following are the requirements to use Afterpay at anywhere approved store in the U.S.:
- You have to be at least 18 years old, and if you’re from Alabama or Nebraska then you will have to be at least 19 years old.
- There’s a requirement that you live in one of the states in the USA
- A legally binding contract requires you to be able to sign it.
- You have to have a US address or a working physical address
- Make sure you have a working phone number and email
- Credit cards and debit cards issued in the USA are the only acceptable payment methods.
How Do I Shop In-store With Afterpay?
You have to create an account before you can make any purchases In-Store. Here you have to complete the steps serially:
- Set up your Afterpay Card in the Afterpay app, then add it to your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet. You should check your spending capacity and real-life shopping options.
- Go to a retailer that accepts Afterpay. When you’re ready, activate your Afterpay Card and pay with Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- It’s yours today, and you can pay it off in four interest-free installments!
You can use it right away. Make a contactless payment at checkout with your Afterpay Card using Apple Pay or Google Pay by downloading the Afterpay mobile app.
What you need to do to make a purchase are:
- You will have to download the Afterpay app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Join Afterpay or create an account
- Set up your Afterpay Card by tapping the ‘In-Store’ tab and adding it to your digital wallet
- Start the Afterpay app at the register and tap the ‘In-Store’ tab to see how much you’ve got to spend.
- Tap ‘Authorize and pay In-Store to start the payment process, then tap ‘Pay In-Store with Apple Pay or Google Pay’ to launch the Afterpay Card. (Your Afterpay purchase will be authenticated by Face ID, Touch ID, or device passcode if you’re an Apple user.)
Put your device on the reader at the register,
You’re done! When you make a purchase, you’ll get a confirmation. You can take your stuff home right away and pay over four installments.
What To Consider During In-store Afterpay Purchases Anywhere?
There are some general tips for you to use Afterpay anywhere during the In-Store purchases without any hassles:
- Verify that the store you’re trying to buy from is compatible with Afterpay by visiting the In-Store section of the Shop tab in the Afterpay app and confirming the location shows up.
- You’ll need to turn on mobile data for the Afterpay app (found in phone settings, not data settings).
- With every new purchase, make sure you activate the Afterpay Card in the ‘In-Store’ tab of the Afterpay app. Apple Wallet and Google Wallet won’t let you use the Afterpay Card directly.
- Make sure you have enough money on your card. Our general rule is to make sure you have the first installment.
- Check that you don’t spend more than you’ve been pre-approved for.
What’s The Limit On In-store Afterpay Purchases?
Although Afterpay doesn’t specify a minimum purchase amount, some stores do. Feel free to ask a store associate if you’re unsure. You can check the Afterpay app before buying to see what the maximum pre-approval amount is. The pre-approval doesn’t guarantee approval at the time of purchase.
Where Can I Use Afterpay?
Afterpay has a Shop Directory and a list of participating stores in the Afterpay app. You can find the store names and lists by visiting https://www.afterpay.com/en-US/categories/instore/locations. If you want to see the In-Store map and list of stores near you, make sure you’re using the latest version and the location service is enabled for the app. New stores are accepting Afterpay every week, so don’t worry if you can’t find one near you.
Can I Return Something I Bought In-store Using Afterpay?
You can return the product you purchased but It depends on the way you paid for the item. You might need to return the item through the mail if you bought it online. Ask the retailer for details.
If you used Card to make the purchase, you can refund the money back to your Afterpay account. You will go to the store to refund the In-Store purchase like this:
- Choose the In-Store tab in the Afterpay app
- In the top right corner, tap the ‘How it works’ option
- Then tap on ‘How do I return an order?’
- Now tap ‘Make an Afterpay Card return’
- Make sure you select ‘Refund to Afterpay Card’
- You’ll see Afterpay’s Black and Mint Card in your digital wallet.
- Make sure your phone is close to the card reader at the register.
Your receipt from the retailer is your confirmation of your return. So keep it with you. You should get a refund back on your Afterpay card if the return is successful. The refund will take up to 10 days to show up in your Afterpay account. You’ll get a refund for any installments you paid.
Can I Use Afterpay At The Target Stores?
In the United States, you might be wondering if you can use Afterpay at Target stores since Afterpay is one of the most popular payment methods. All Target stores have Afterpay, the interest-free payment option that lets you shop and pay without any hassle. Just log into your Target account and authorize checkout with Afterpay to use Afterpay at any Target store.
Make sure you create an account before you buy In-Store.
- Make sure to bring your Afterpay card.
- Download the Afterpay app to set up your digital account.
- Make sure you activate your Afterpay Card in the app (it’ll save you time).
- From the shelves, pick out what you want.
- Get your shopping done with Google Pay or Apple Pay.
That are all the simple steps to purchase In-Store from Target across the country.