If you are fond of using prepaid debit cards to make purchases, pay bills or even withdraw money from an ATM, chances are that you have heard about Netspend. Unlike other prepaid debit card providers, this one is available in more than 130000 locations in the US, where you can load money to your card and use it to make the above-mentioned transactions. Besides offering prepaid debit cards, Netspend is now offering a new feature commonly known as FlashPay. With FlashPay, you will be able to transfer money to and from your prepaid debit card. For you to send money to another person, you need to have vital details such the person’s name and their FlashPay ID. On the other hand, you need to submit your FlashPay ID in order to receive money from your peers and family members.
Cash App is a peer-to-peer money transfer platform that allows its users to send and receive money, make purchases and so forth. If you are Cash App user, you may want to transfer funds from Netspend to Cash app using your FlashPay ID. In this article, we shall take a closer look at whether you need to submit your FlashPay ID or not when transferring money from your Netspend account to Cash App, alongside other helpful ideas.
How Does FlashPay id Work?
Since you already know what a FlashPay ID is, time is ripe for you know how it works. The good news is that sending money with FlashPay is relatively simple and straightforward. However, you need to know essential details of your recipient so that you can send money successfully. Like we mentioned above, you need to confirm his name as well as his FlashPay.
Typically, FlashPay is a product of Netspend and once you become an account hold with Netspend, you will be issued with an ID number in order to distinguish you from other users of the same platform. Therefore, this number is very vital whenever you want to send money to another user out there.
In case the recipient cannot locate this number or has forgotten it, he or she can visit https://www.netspend.com/prepaid-debit/features/online-account-center/ and obtain it from that end. To use the FlashPay ID to send money, you should follow these steps:
- Find out the recipient’s name and his or her FlashPay ID.
- Thereafter, visit https://www.netspend.com/prepaid-debit/features/online-account-center/ and then log in with your Netspend details.
- Key in the name of the recipient ,his FlashPay ID and the amount you want to send.
Whether the recipient is within your locality or outside the country, be sure that he will be able to receive the money within a few minutes. To receive money on your prepaid debit card, you should ensure that you follow these steps:
- Let the sender know your FlashPay ID. The sender here can be your family member, colleague at work, your peer and so forth.
- Inform them to log in to their Online Account Center.
- Thereafter, they should key in your name, your FlashPay ID and the amount they intend to send.
- Within a couple of minutes, you will be able to receive funds in your account.
Besides Netspend cardholders, you can also receive funds from Control, ACE Elite and Purpose cardholders using your FlashPay ID.
How Do I set Up A FlashPay ID?
For you to send and receive money using FlashPay ID, there is a need for you to set up your FlashPay ID first. To find this number, you need to first obtain the Netspend and then you carry on from there. Here is how you can get started.
- First and foremost, visit Netspend.com and then tap on the ‘Sign up now’ button.
- Once you click on the ‘Sign up now’ button, you will be taken to a section where you will be required to fill out an online form. Here, you will be asked a couple details such as your address, your name, email address and so forth. For optimal results, you should ensure that you enter the correct details. Besides these details, you must also indicate the payment that you intend to receive through direct deposit. These include: government benefits, tax refunds, paycheck and so forth.
- Select the card you prefer
- Tap on the ‘Get My Card’.
- Wait for about 7 to 10 business days for you to receive the Netspend card in your mail.
- As you it for your card, create an online profile that has your username and password.
- Once you create an online profile, a one-time passcode will be sent to your mail. Remember that you will use this code to activate your online account.
- Visit your Online Account Center and then log in with your details. Once you enter the one-time passcode, you will be able to activate your online account and then you will be able to find your FlashPay ID.
- In case you do not find the FlashPay ID or have any issues with this number, feel free to call customer support team at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363).
Do I Need My FlashPay ID to Transfer Money to Cash App?
Not really. However, you will be required to have your Netspend debit card with you so that you can add the Netspend card number, Expiration date, CCV code among other details so that you can send money to Cash App successfully.
It is always important to remember that FlashPay ID is commonly used to send and receive money from other Netspend cardholders, while the Netspend debit card is required to make payments at brick-and-mortar stores, sending money to Cash App, or even withdrawing money from an ATM.
How Does Cash App Work?
At the introduction, we stated that Cash App is a mobile money transfer app that allow you to send and receive money from your peers and family members. Besides this, the app comes with a built-in security, a wide range of accessibility, great customer support among other incredible features.
If you are a first-timer, you might be wondering how this app works and so forth. To start with, this app allows you to add funds using your debit card. However, your debit card of choice has to be linked to a genuine bank account. Better still, you can transfer funds to your bank account. This process can either take 30 minutes or even 3 days depending on the deposit method you choose.
If you do not have this app on your mobile device or tablet, you should first download it from the Google Play Store or App Store. Once you download the app, install it on your device and then sign up with your details.
Some of the details that you need to submit include the email address, phone number and a unique $cashtag. Remember that others will be able to find you via your phone number or email address. Therefore personal detail such as a phone number is enough to make transactions on this platform.
To send money on this platform, one should follow these steps:
- Launch the app on your mobile phone
- Log in with your details
- Key in the amount you intend to send
- Click on the ‘Pay’ option
- Key in the email, $Cashtag and phone number of the person whom you want to send the money to.
- Key in the reason why you want to make the payment
- Once you are done, click on the ‘Pay’ option
As you send money on Cash App, ensure that you enter the right details as you will not have a chance to reverse the transaction. This is because once the funds reach the recipient, you will be at his mercy, in as far as refunding you is concerned.
On the other hand, this app allows you to receive money with ease from other Cash App users. All you should do is to provide them with your Cash App username and the rest will be fine. To review the payment made, choose the ‘Activity ‘tab and then click on the payment you want to keep an eye on.
Cash app also allows you to withdraw funds from your nearest ATM you need to do is to carry your Cash App Cash card and you will be good to go. Once you get to the ATM point, remove your card and then insert it and then navigate to the ‘Withdraw money’ option. Thereafter, key in the amount you want to withdraw and then okay the transaction.
Finally, this app gives you an opportunity to shop at various retail stores and get some cash back. In fact, you can get 15% cash back and thus be able to do more shopping. When shopping for goods and services, you will can choose to pay for them using the card or the app.
Either way, you will be able to enjoy more convenience as you will not have to carry cash in bulk. Apart from this, the app allows you to make purchases either online or at your brick-and-mortar store. Depending on what is convenience for you, be sure that you will be able to make a wise decision.
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cash App?
Cash app comes with tons of advantages that will mesmerize you. However, it is not immune to some shortcomings here and there. Some of the advantage of using this platform include:
1. It makes it easy for you to send and receive payments
Although there are other conventional mobile apps that can allow you to send and receive money, Cash App outdoes them all, thanks to its speeds of performing transactions. Whether you want to send money to a person who lives closer to your home or one who lives in another state, be sure that you will be able to make these transactions on the go. When sending payments, you need to have the recipient’s username and the amount you want to send to him or her. Once you confirm the transaction, money will be sent on the spot.
2. It allows you to purchase and sell bitcoins
Besides allowing you to send and receive payment, this app allows you to buy and even sell bitcoins seamlessly. When trading this cryptocurrency, brace yourself to incur a 1.76% fee. However, if you compare to other trading platforms, Cash App is more competitive by far.
3. Give you an option to forego the option of fees
In case, you want to withdraw money to your bank account, you have a chance to choose between the standard deposit option and the instant deposit option. If you settle for the former, you will not incur any charges.
However, you will be able to withdraw money from your bank account after 1 to 3 days. On the other hand, instant deposit option allows you to get money fast but you have to pay the 1.5% transfer fee.
4. Very convenience during reimbursements
When it comes to reimbursements, this app does not disappoint. To put this into perspective, you can opt to split the bill at a hotel or restaurant and opt to reimburse one another. With this app in place, you will be able to see who reimbursed you, when he did it and so forth.
5. Allows you to purchase goods and services at various retail stores
Apart from the transactions we have mentioned above, this app allows you to purchase goods and services at various retail stores more convenience. With this app or the Cash App Cash card, be sure that you will be able to make payments on the go. Besides visiting your nearest physical store, this app allows you to shop online and get more cash back.
6. It allows you to earn cash bonus for referrals
In case you send a referral code to any of your friends or family members, and they sign up for this app using your link, be sure that you will be able to receive a $5 cash bonus. The more friends you refer to the platform, the higher the cash bonus you will receive.
7. Gives you the chance to invest
By considering Cash App, you will be able to purchase stocks in certain companies even with a few dollars and be good to go. Since these stocks can be purchased with the money in your Cash App account, you will not have hiccups anytime you want to make such investments. Even if you do not have enough funds, the remaining amount will be taken from the bank you have linked with Cash App. Therefore, this app is ideal for investments.
Here Are The Drawbacks Of This App
1. This app cannot be used in some countries
Unless you are within US or the UK, you will not be able to use this app. For instance, if you are located in Africa, you may have challenges using this app. Instead, you may opt to go for other mobile payment apps such as Zelle or even Venmo to handle your transactions.
2. Users have a low limit for the first 30 days
Besides not being available in certain countries, this app limits users from sending and receiving money during their first 30 days. Typically, they can only send or receive up to $1000. Thereafter, they will be at liberty to send and receive money as they please.
It is evident that you do not need to submit your FlashPay ID in order to transfer money from your NetSpend account to Cash App. Instead, you will need to have your Netspend debit card so that you can add vital details such as the card number, its expiry date, its CCV among other details. On the other hand, FlashPay ID allows Netspend cardholders as well as Control, ACE Elite and Purpose cardholders to send and receive money flawlessly. Consider all the ideas we have mentioned above and you will enjoy seamless transactions.