Turning your locked Netspend account into unlocked is no longer an issue as I am here to explain every reason behind all the effective solutions. Netspend always takes care of accounts and maintains security for the user’s funds. That is why the Netspend team locks an account if they find anything odd or unauthorized activities with it. This is how they give safety to your and other users’ funds.
Certain irregularities make Netspend lock users’ accounts. If you think you did nothing wrong, then the Netspend team has the option for you to unlock it. In that case, you must follow the systematic steps to open your account and reuse your funds. Let me explain here the solutions and the reasons behind them.
Netspend Account Locked Reasons
Numerous reasons can cause your Netspend account to be locked, including technical and non-tech ones. However, Netspend locks users’ accounts to protect them from security problems. If your account gets locked for any reason, you won’t be able to make any transactions. The expert’s review says locking your Netspend account tightens your fund’s security.
If you’re experiencing the same problems, you first need to figure out what’s causing them. After you find the main reason, you’ll be able to make your Netspend account work without a hitch. This post will list all the possible reasons why Netspend accounts get blocked. Don’t forget to check them all.
If You Enter Wrong PIN
Usually, the user enters the wrong pin while trying to log in to the Netspend app, which causes the account to be blocked. The first time you enter the incorrect password won’t block you from accessing your account. Apparently, Netspend blocks your account if you enter three wrong passwords in a row.
It’s a security measure for your account and funds in it; the Netspend support team tracks these things very closely. If you enter the wrong PIN more than three times, Netspend will see it as an unauthorized attempt. As a result, Netspend blocks the account immediately.
If You reported Card Lost or Stolen
Blocking your card or account means Netspend has blocked the accessibility as a security measure only. Netspend blocks your card if you report it stolen so they can check its legality of accessibility. Anybody with your card’s PIN or password can easily use it if the card has been stored unconsciously. Thus, blocking the card seems like the best thing the company could do to prevent any hassle for the user. The Netspend team takes the same security measures when you report a lost card. Similarly, Netspend will block your card and funds in order to prevent misuse of the account funds.
There are times, however, when this security measure causes problems for users too. Additionally, Netspend blocks the account together with the card to keep it safe. In this case, locking the account is temporary, and you can appeal to get it restored.
As a financial services provider, Netspend has to keep track of all its users. There are situations when Netspend locks your account to protect it from mishaps. In some cases, Netspend has to lock down one’s account access, so other users on the platform don’t get a bad experience. Whenever an account violates Netspend terms and conditions, it gets locked automatically, and of course, it’s for security reasons.
In cases where Netspend finds the user doing unethical things, like money laundering, it flags that user’s account. There are times when the account gets blocked permanently, and other times it gets blocked temporarily. It depends on the situation. But, don’t worry if you have done nothing. There’s always a chance you can regain access to your account.
If Your Card Expired
Those are the most common causes of ‘Netspend account locked.’ However, there’s one last issue that could be the problem. The Netspend team sometimes locks accounts if the card has expired. You can check your card’s expiry date on the back to see if it’s passed. That’s where you’ll find the month and year.
How To Unlock A Netspend Locked Account?
There are a lot of reasons why Netspend locks and blocks your account. To solve these problems, you should know a couple of troubleshooting solutions. Here are some common reasons for such hurdles and how to solve them:
In case you use an incorrect login password:
Most financial institutions let you enter the wrong pin three times. Netspend will lock your account if you always enter the wrong credentials. You can also access your Netspend account easily if the hit-and-try method works and you put in the correct details.
Check the details and ensure the info is correct if you want to avoid all such hurdles and keep your Netspend account open.
You can unlock your Netspend account if you forget your password or if your card gets lost or stolen. You’ll need to follow these steps:
- You can go to https://www.netspend.com/ and try to sign in. Or you can do it by launching the Netspend app on your phone.
- Then you will find an option to reset your password by tapping on the “Forgot Password?” link on the login screen.
- Now input the email address you used to create your account and tap on “Reset Password.”
- You will receive a new password by email at the address you used to create your account. Then enter the new password in the “New Password” field then tap on the “Change Password” option.
- You should find the “Update Personal Info” option below the new password field. Tap on it. Enter your date of birth and updated zip code if you’ve changed them since creating your account. Save your changes and go back to your main Netspend account page by tapping “Submit Update Information”.
This is how you can also access your Netspend account without the card.
If Damaged or expired Netspend cards:
When your Netspend card expires, Netspend will lock your account immediately. This means you won’t be able to use your current physical card ever. It’s best to order a new card if you want to unlock your account and use it again. The Netspend officials will send you a new card within a week, and you will get it with an updated expiration date.
As soon as you get your Netspend card, you shouldn’t delay activating it. Here you can contact Netspend directly and ask them to activate your account. If you want to unlock your Netspend card’s features, you can activate it yourself online. After getting the new Netspend card, make sure to destroy the old one.
In case of a lost or stolen Netspend card:
It’s always a good idea to report lost or stolen cards to Netspend as soon as possible. You can unlock your account after filing a report against the lost card. Besides that, you might have to report the card as stolen if someone steals it. Replacing your Netspend card and activating it should take care of it after you report it.
Each of these reasons and solutions will hopefully fix your problems. When you run into issues with your Netspend account, try these solutions based on your situation. You can also get in touch with the Netspend official department if you can’t solve the problem yourself.
Also read : Where To Load Netspend Card Balance
How Do I Verify My Identity With Netspend?
Netspend requires users to create an account and verify their identity properly. It’s needed for your account safety so that Netspend will not get confused with your account and keep your account unlocked. You can verify your identity with Netspend by doing these things:
- Log into your account at https://www.netspend.com/.
- Go to the home page and tap on the My Account option.
- You should see the Identity Verification option under My Profile; tap on it.
- Then tap on the Start Verification option to begin the process.
- Fill out the form with your name, date of birth, social security number, and other info.
- Go through your verification results and tap on Finish Verification if you’re happy with them.
- Save your Identity Verification Confirmation number for future use so you can prove your identity again if needed.
How Do I Contact Netspend Customer Service?
Netspend is a prepaid card company that offers prepaid cards and banking services. Here’s how to get in touch with Netspend customer service:
- You can call the Netspend customer support number at 1-855-809-8368. For international users, call 1-800-668-2837.
- You can chat live at https://www.netspend.com/help by selecting the live chat option.
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support is also available on Netspend social media platforms. It is also my recommendation to report your issues on Twitter since companies are more active on there.
Getting in touch with customer service is easy over the phone. Live chat is also an option, but it’s not available everywhere. Include your account number, name, and address in your email so they can send you a replacement card if needed.